Prof. Tauseef Asghar
M.B.B.S, FCPS, FACS
Consultant General Surgeon and Professor of Surgery
Department of General Surgery
About Dr. Asghar
Professor Muhammad Touseef Asghar did his graduation from King Edward Medical College, Lahore in 1996. He completed his internship from Mayo Hospital Lahore and joined residency program in same institution. He did his Fellowship in General Surgery in 2001 from College of physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan. He worked as Senior Registrar in Services Hospital, Lahore and joined Shalamar Medical and Dental College, Lahore in 2009 as Assistant Professor Surgery. Currently he is working as Professor of Surgery in same institution. He acquired Fellowship of American College of Surgeons (FACS) in 2018 and received Membership of Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic surgeons (SAGES) in 2020. His area of interest is Laparoscopic Surgery, he is Supervisor for FCPS Training in General Surgery and also examiner for MBBS in University of Health Sciences. He has 18 Research Publications to his credit.
- Professor, Department of Surgery, Shalamar Medical and Dental College, Lahore
Dr. Touseef is a highly skilled surgeon with a broad clinical interest encompassing a wide range of major and minor surgical procedures. They have a particular focus and expertise in laparoscopic surgery, including laparoscopic cholecystectomy, laparoscopic appendectomy, laparoscopic hernia repair, and diagnostic laparoscopy. Dr. Touseef also has extensive experience in performing various surgeries such as lump surgery, breast surgery, thyroid surgery, varicose veins surgery, hernia surgery, intestinal surgery, perianal surgery and lap vericocele ligation with other Laparoscopic procedures. Dr. Touseef’s diverse clinical interests and expertise make them well-equipped to provide comprehensive surgical care to patients across a wide spectrum of surgical needs.
Dr Asghar has research interest in the field of general surgery.
- House Officer
- 16 Dec ’96 –15 June ’97 North Medial Ward, Mayo Hospital, Lahore, PK
- 16 June ’97 –15 Dec ’97 West Surgical Ward, Mayo Hospital , Lahore, PK
- Medical Officer(Post Graduate Trainee)
- April ’98 – April ’00 West Surgical Ward, Mayo Hospital Lahore, PK
- April ’00 – Aug ’00 Orthopedics Unit – I, Mayo Hospital Lahore, PK
- Aug ’00 – Oct ’00 Pediatric Surgery, Mayo Hospital Lahore, PK
- Oct ’00 – Dec ’00 Urology, Mayo Hospital Lahore, PK
- Dec ’00 – April ’01 Thoracic Surgery, Mayo Hospital Lahore, PK
- Registrar Surgery
- Sept ’01 – Jan ’03 Ittefaq Hospital (Trust) Lahore, PK
- Senior Registrar, Surgery
- 3 January 2003 to 31 August 2009 Services Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan. Services Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan.
- 1 April ’09 to Date, Consultant General Surgeon and Laparoscopic Surgeon, Shalamar Hospital, Lahore, PK
- 1 September,09 to 4 July 2011, Assistant Professor Surgery ,Shalamar Medical and Dental College, Lahore
- July 5, 20011 to April 15, 2015, Associate Professor Surgery, Shalamar Medical and Dental College, Lahore.
- April, 2015 to Date, Professor of Surgery, Shalamar Medical and Dental College, Lahore.
· FACS 2018 American College of Surgeons USA
· FCPS (Surgery) 07/2001 College of Physicians and Surgeons Karachi, PK
· MBBS 11/1996 King Edward Medical College Lahore, Pakistan
- Member SAGES- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Supervisor for FCPS Training in General Surgery
- Examiner for FCPS Examination in CPSP
- Examiner for Final Year MBBS Surgery in University of Health Sciences
- Completed CMT- Certificate in Medical Teaching Course from University of Health Sciences in 2022.
• Incharge Accident and Emergency Department, Shalamar Hospital, Oct 27, 2014 to 30 April, 2016.
• Previous Member of Hospital Infection Control Committee.
• Member of Continuous Quality Improvement Committee from Surgery Department. Helped in conducting the round of Surgery Department of Punjab Health Commission for recognition of hospital regarding Continuous Quality Improvement
• Previous Secretary of Hospital Operational and patient Care
• Ex Member of Resaerch Grant Review Committee SMDC
• Ex Member of Hospital Pharmocological Committee
• Ex Member of Hospital Transfusion Committee
• Ex Member of Ethical Review Board SMDC
• Member of Year Committee 3rd Year MBBS SMDC