This is a medical library serving the faculty, students, researchers and staff of the Shalamar Medical & Dental College (SMDC), Shalamar Hospital, Shalamar School of Allied Health Sciences and Shalamar Nursing College. This library established in 2009 in its present place. The library has established its repute among medical institutions by providing excellent services and facilities to fulfill information needs of its clients according to the recommendation of Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PM&DC)/ Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) and University of Health Sciences (UHS). The materials including on medical text books, reference books, e-books, journals, literature, audios, videos, CD-ROMs, DVDs, etc. which is ideally suited to encourage and support both curriculum activities and for medical research.
The library is manned by qualified and experienced professionals, all dedicated to provide high quality innovative services.
To facilitate the users with latest collection of Books and provide the access of e-resources on their desktop without any discrimination.
The SIHS libraries believe that quality information is essential for improved health. The aim of libraries to provide the most valued visible, authentic, and trusted information by library experts. The libraries try to enhance the quality medical education material, health sciences literature, and research throughout the Globe. The medical and health sciences library aims to provide the highest standard services to support the education and research program of the medical college, hospital, nursing, and allied health sciences school.
Develop and manage a knowledgebase of health information research By
- Promoting the research culture in the medical and health care profession.
- Providing the latest collection and data related to the disciplines.
- Supporting collection and use of data related to promoting the profession.
- Facilitating the health care students and professionals to use the advance information technology for information retrieving and sharing.
- Encouraging the application and dissemination of scholarly knowledge.
- To develop a comprehensive collection policy on current medical literature for SIHS researchers.
- To provide access to information in any format (print and electronic from) to support the programs and research needs of the medical college allied health sciences, hospital, and college of nursing.
- As primary information provider, it serves as leader in acquiring, evaluating and applying technology for managing and providing information.
- It provides support for personnel training and development within the scope of the changing technological environment.